|Главная » Файлы » Ученикам материалы в помощь » 6 класс|
In a sentence or text you have to change the form of a word, e.g. from a noun to an adjective, or from a verb to a noun. For example:
The _____ was very nervous. SING
You have to complete the sentence with the person noun (singer). You change the verb (sing) into the person noun (singer).
· Look at the word you have to change. Which words do you know that are in the same word family?
· The beginning of the word is often the same and the end of the word changes.
· What form is the new word? A verb? A noun? An adjective? An adverb?
· Nouns (существительные) often end: -ment, -ion, -ness, -ity: profession, happiness, environment…
· People nouns often end (существительные, называющие людей) : -er, -or, -ist, -ian: doctor, writer, cyclist…
· Adjectives (прилагательные) often end: -able, -ible, -ive, -al, -ic, -ed, -ing, -ful: interesting, personal, wonderful, interested…
· Some verbs (глаголы) end: -ise, -ate, -en.
· Adverbs (наречия) often end: -ly, -y: lucky, slowly
· Is the new word negative (отрицательные слова)? If so, you may need a prefix, e.g. un- (unhappy), im- (impolite), in- (inexperienced), dis- (dishonest), etc.
· If you don’t know the new word, guess. You may be right!
· Check your answers carefully when you finish.
1. He gets a lot of from football. ENJOY
2. Money doesn’t always bring . HAPPY.
3. I want to be a when I’m older. SCIENCE
4. It’s snowing. You need to ride your bike CAREFUL.
5. There lived a girl called Cinderella. BEAUTY
6.The of this story is very interesting. BEGIN
7. He is going to be a . PAINT
8. I can’t believe he is . POLITE
9. The weather is getting and . BAD
10. We study how to write letters at our English lessons. PERSON
|Просмотров: 3068 | Загрузок: 88 ||
|Всего комментариев: 0|